View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 04, 7:29 pm
MilesAndMore

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Originally Posted by rbrenton88
While this looks like a really dumb question, I am curious...

I am flying the Newark-SIN nonstop. I have done this in exec economy in the past. It was bearable compared with regular economy on the old routes.
I have a travel policy that allows business class in certain cases, this being one of them. Obviously Raffles would be a better choice, but if we are talking $1300 for econ versus something closer to 4 or 5k for biz, is it worth the price difference? I'm not sure, but the powers that be may say Raffles is too expensive no matter what the policy is. (they have done this in the past)
I did the same route in raffles a fortnight ago and feel (personally) that the difference between raffles and econ is probably the least on this flight. the only benefit (put a $ value on it) is that you could possibly get your regular 7-8 hrs of sleep (the only time I ever slept this long on a SIN flight from the US). But this would negate the benefits of better food on Raffles. The seats in Raffles were less comfortable than expected and a conversation with the raffles FA revealed that he and many others felt economy was better "value" on this specific flight