FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defection from Alaska to Delta
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:45 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AinA
What is the current (covid) service in First btwn AK & the Lower 48?
All domestic flights in F receive a snag bag including a mini Dasani water, a single-use Purell, a mini bag of cheeze-its, and another mini snack like a Biscoff or similar. If you end up on a longer flight, you'll also get a BoB-style snack box like you would find in Y which contains other pre-packaged, shelf stable items. There is no meal service left on any domestic flights. In terms of beverages, you have two beer options, two wine options, (on flights over 500mi) and of course more Dasani. There are no soft drinks, no liquor, and no ice.

I’m curious about the Sky Club. It appears paid First gets club access? Does it get Partner club access too? Particularly during these times of covid? Is there a participating partner in ANC?
Domestic F does not receive SkyClub access, only Delta One on premium transcon flights (JFK-LAX/SFO) and international flights.

Since I’m not terribly wide but I am taller than normal, if there’s not a SkyClub lounge in ANC, what’s the low down on premium class vs First (for the flights headed South)? I’m assuming more legroom & if they’re blocking the middle seat that seems like a nice option.. how much worse is the service?\
The difference between service in F and Comfort + is now minimal. On longer flights the former BoB snack box from Y is offered in F, otherwise that's the only difference.

Honestly, it's not a great time to be a premium cabin customer at DL. The service is bad and the pricing is pretty much the same as it always has been. For now, my personal opinion is that you'll be far better off on AS if you're buying F tickets. If you're buying Y tickets, then DL is one of the better options.