FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defection from Alaska to Delta
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:36 pm
AinA

Programs: AS, IHG
Defection from Alaska to Delta

I’m curious about a few things... first off, considering my home state, I’ve been an AS flyer for decades due to the sheer number of flights ANC:SEA.

Now that I’m not traveling for business & I have no hope of status, Delta is looking better & better considering there will be international leisure travel.

Delta has much better prices on paid first for the routes I fly.

Currently I have trips planned for October, November & December (hoping to cancel the November trip!!). Normal travel will be 4-5 trips Outside & 1 international.

What is the current (covid) service in First btwn AK & the Lower 48?

I’m curious about the Sky Club. It appears paid First gets club access? Does it get Partner club access too? Particularly during these times of covid? Is there a participating partner in ANC?

Since I’m not terribly wide but I am taller than normal, if there’s not a SkyClub lounge in ANC, what’s the low down on premium class vs First (for the flights headed South)? I’m assuming more legroom & if they’re blocking the middle seat that seems like a nice option.. how much worse is the service?

I’ve tried to find the answer but their website wasn’t clear to me & a search here didn’t help.

Appreciate the help & I apologize for being too much of a Luddite to figure it out in a search.

Also... if there are any other tips please feel free to offer them!