FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't book Thai flight with Turkish flights
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:49 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I'm not even sure if Thai (TG) is flying, I thought they're bankrupt or in protection
They're trying to reorganize through a bankruptcy process, but that doesn't mean they're not flying (remember that AC operated largely as normal during its own insolvency, as did the US3 and a bunch of other airlines down there). They're presumably flying an extremely limited schedule at the moment, but here's a flight from BKK to NRT that landed a few hours ago.

That being said, they do have an extra layer of financial uncertainty layered over top the COVID-related uncertainty that every airline is suffering at the moment, so unless the flights are very soon, I don't know that I'd go to much trouble to try to book any flights with them. Especially if the $30 phone booking fee was required, since that's non-refundable in the reasonably likely event the flight is cancelled.