FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Adds DFW/PHL-DAB (Daytona Beach, FL)
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:41 pm
JSprague24

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by cmd320
In general around Christmas it’s pretty nice. 70s in the day and 60s or 50s at night. If it’s a warm year it may be in the low 80s during the day, or if a cold front has just moved through it could be 60s in the day and 40s at night. 30s and 90s would be pretty rare that time of year, possible no doubt, but rare.
Originally Posted by Bear96
While FL weather in the winter can be variable (unlike summer which, outside of tropical systems, is the same day after day after monotonous day June-Sept), I think your memory might be faulty. Record high for DAB in December is 87 or 88 from what I can find on the internet (I've seen both).

I really doubt highs in the 30s that close to the ocean that early in the winter, though I suppose maybe in a record cold snap it is possible (can't find info on daily maximum record lows). Almost certainly not on multiple occasions in living memory.

December is pretty reliably beautiful, which explains all the northern U.S. and Canadian license plates that show up around then. Also they are not necessarily only weekly vacationers but also people with second homes in FL, many of whom start their FL seasons in December.
I misremembered the 30 degree lows as highs, but: https://www.weather.gov/media/mlb/su...c2010_cold.pdf