View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 20, 11:08 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party View Post
Just checked in, no upgrades available for platinums due to hotel being completely full! Wow.

Pretty pleased I reserved the room I'd be happy with.

Very weird check in process, felt extremely disingenuous. You'd think it was an exclusive club and I was not invited.
Different experience here - hotel was also sold out but I as a newly minuted platinum got upgraded to a Deluxe Victoria Harbour Suite from base room for a 3 night stay last weekend.
Check-in involved lining up at both 9/F and 103/F - latter took more than an hour and the suite was not ready until 6:30pm
Anyway no complaints with the HK$1,400 ish room rate, even tho the 102/F breakfast (again, >30 minute lines with Tosca used as dining area as well) was consistently bad (to be fair it was included in the room rate, but itís a far cry in terms of quality from the rest of the major luxury hotels in HK)
Glad to see the TVs refreshed with YouTube and Apple TV, Chromecast etc...and the room generally quite well kept despite the hotelís age. Itís no longer bling and fancy (when thereís Rosewood and StR etc) but this place is good value and cozy enough