Old Sep 18, 20, 2:45 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
Alternatively, forget the offer and ask at the lounge entrance if they can make an exception for the 3 y/o and everyone gets access by virtue of your Gold and Silver cards. I have my own views on rule flexibility in this regard, but agents have been known to allow the above.
I was going to say, I'm usually in the category of discouraging people from pushing their luck, it puts ground agents in a difficult position, even if they get it all the time. But since you just have one kid, just over the age limit, and two shiny cards, then if it is a quiet period I would in that circumstance be optimistic, and ask whether you can all go in. By all means ask BAH if they can do something, I wouldn't do the split the transaction argument, and 24 hour cooling off does not apply to online bookings, but it may be you can ask them to put a note on the booking at least. Equally in my experience with a group that large at least one person will prefer to go shopping anyway.