FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Much Would You Pay UA, if anything, for a AAirpass (Unlimited Flights for x Time)
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:45 am
J.Edward
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
AirCanda offers Unlimited Domestic Flights (i.e. intra-Canada) for $1,725 / month

A few friends sent me links earlier today to AC’s latest offering: Across Canada Unlimited Flight Pass

https://archive.is/wshLi

There are three options to choose from based on what access to inventory you require with saver fare bucket access starting at ~$1.7k USD monthly and last seat availability for about 4.3k USD monthly. AC appears to be willing to offer this for the next three months BUT you have the option of buying one month at a time. They do not appear to be offering an international and/or premium cabin flavor of the flight pass...at least not yet.

Returning to the thread topic, I would still suggest with UA’s load being where they are [read: there’s extra capacity right now even with smaller planes and reduced schedules] a “all-you-can-eat” flight pass may be something for management to consider. Moreover considering the various price discrimination mechanisms available to the carrier, I’d also throw out UA could offer a “build-your-own” pass option where the customer could opt for whatever perks they wanted and pay the corresponding upcharge(s) for them.

For example I’d be interested in an UA flight pass allowing me to book into P, or failing that some mid-range Y fare, for the lower 48 (would seriously consider a global option too but considering the current uncertainties I’ll say domestic for now) and don’t mind being subject to a min purchase requirement. Another traveler may be interested in last-seat-avability with no AP. You get the idea.