FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to book 1 Cash + 1 Award Ticket
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:54 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by darkrider
Hi all! I have a silly question. I am trying to plan some speculative travel for 2021 with my fiancee and had a question. Does anyone have experience booking one cash and 1 award ticket? I have enough miles for one ticket but as far as I know AA won't let me select 1 and 1. Do prices change rapidly enough that it would make a difference in either cash or miles price, which ticket I book first and which I book second? I would definitely want our flights linked (don't want them separating/bumping us with corona...). Would I simply call AA after booking to get them to make a note in the reservation? And if it ended up being for a BA ticket bought through AA would AA be able to link us or would I have to call BA? Thanks for the advice!
It doesn't matter which one you book first. Linking is no guarantee of not being separated. If this was domestic, I would recommend booking together as one way, if the roundtrip was the same price as a one way in each direction. However, since BA was mentioned I assume it was round trip.