FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:17 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Peter1012
GUWonder Tried to send you a message about some NCC recognition probs. when paying with Choice points but your inbox folder seems to be full!
At least earlier this summer, NCC hotels at check-in would add my NCC number to my US Choice point bookings so that I could get the mobile key using the NC hotels app.

In the first half of the summer, the reimbursement rate for those Choice US point bookings would most commonly result in me getting NCC points too. In the latter half of the summer too they seemed to work for the mobile key; but they became less reliable at resulting in NCC points. I don't have enough US Choice point stays at enough Scandinavian hotels in the latter part of the summer to have my usual grasp on what has gone on in the second half of the summer when it comes to using Choice US points for Nordic Choice hotels.

Something may have changed in August or September with NCC recognition on Choice US points stays, but I haven't had it looked into yet -- that is even as I did have the opportunity to do so yesterday too. Once I get new information to share, I'll be sure to get an update into this thread. But for now, the above is all that I know about the current situation with NCC recognition on Choice US point bookings.