FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:14 pm
cc9

I ended up keeping my reservation for last weekend and so glad I did! They cancelled Fri evening outdoor service+activities due to the really, really bad aqi, but reopened for Sat when aqi improved. They were transparent about services being AQI dependent on check-in. Honestly, as a local, I really just appreciated the chance to slow down, escape the city, and just chill on the property. Plus, it helped that I was upgraded from a standard room to a Pacific suite (private patio with hot tub!) on check-in. Upgrade was likely because that's what was ready (my original room wasn't) and they wanted to get me into a room inside ASAP and not bc of status alone (discoverist). They also provided an additional air purifier (blue air model), which worked great. Already trying to figure out when I can go back, would love to check out the spa / hot baths etc.

For those who want to hike and see all the sights, this is probably not the time to come. Garrapata bluffs/beach access and Soberanes point (beach side) were open for some short walks but visibility is limited dep on fog/marine layer/smoke.