Old Sep 13, 20, 9:31 pm
TravellingMan

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by Obruni Boy View Post
After a little delay I have managed to obtain a new employment visa from the London High Commission. The company that wants me asked their Mumbai travel agency on Friday about a ticket and was told "there are no commercial flights till October". This sounds to me totally wrong as many overseas airlines are flying 3 times a week as well as AI.

Is there anything to stop me going on an AI or other airline flight at the present time. As I understand things if you manage to get a new visa you are good to go despite being a foreigner. Secondly if possible does anyone have a link to what the quarantine requirements are for different states, or at least for Delhi and Mumbai, considering I would have to stay in a hotel.
You are right. One can fly into India with a work visa. I have a friend from Turkey who had a work visa and was able to fly into New Delhi via Lufthansa (daily flights). Except he was hassled at immigration and elsewhere until each one made phone call(s) to get clarifications from their supervisors. So gird up for that.

The quarantine requirements are well defined on the New Delhi airport website. Key thing is to get a COVID Swab test done 96 hrs before departure and you are good for 14 day "home/hotel" quarantine. Everything else can be done after arrival in India if you did not get it done online earlier except for the COVID test. No COVID test and you are headed to automatic quarantine.

The below thread has good information on what to expect upon landing.
NYC to India (Assam) trip log