FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:02 pm
Fc912

We are wrapping up our stay at Amanruya now so just wanted to share a few thoughts and compare it to the Edition. I echo most of the comments here that the service is definitely not Aman-level, but the hardware and overall ambiance are spectacular. If I come back to Bodrum I will be happy to stay here again (would also try FS)

Positives:
- Absolutely wonderful hardware. Very well maintained room and common area. No significant wear and tear observed (vs Edition which has visible repairs needed). Rooms are very private as well.
- Pools are adequately heated, even the private pool in the pavilion is heated to a pleasant temperature
- Food is very good. Breakfast is a step up vs Edition and dinner ranged from good to great. Food pricing is also reasonable for a luxury resort (appetizers $10-15, mains $20-30)
- Very good spa treatments (though spa facility is lacking)
- Not really a resort positive but I did not see anyone smoke on property (vs Edition where many guests seem to be smoking a pack every hour)

Negatives:
- No beach. There is no sand and the beach club has lots of steps and various seating areas. It’s hard to get service if you’re seated faraway from the main area. But you get more privacy and better views from those secluded chairs...
- Seaview is obscured from most parts of the resort. Honestly didn’t bother me much as we had great views at the Edition and the landscaping here is pretty good but something to note
- Service is quite poor. I don’t get any of the “do whatever you’d like” Aman vibe here and most staff were quite reserved and lacked personality. It is also difficult to get service at the pool and parts of the beach club. The high occupancy could be to blame as the service improved notably today after many groups checked out. There were also a couple of mix-ups with pre arrival arrangements. My birthday cake was also delivered 1 hour after we finished dinner...

Last edited by Fc912; Sep 13, 2020 at 1:47 pm