FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has TK just resigned over the current situation?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:09 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by GR15
After reading a previous post by luitje about his problems at IST with support, it got me thinking.
When you sum up some of the most prevalent customer satisfaction parameters for frequent travellers, is TK just resigning over the situation in the global aviation industry?
First luitje 's situation is different, TK systems do not match with other airlines and on trips to the USA, I had many occasions that I wasn't handed boarding passes for the upcoming legs, even once when flying IST-LHR-IAD with BA, after numerous attempts, the agents in IST could not print my boarding pass as the system told them that they needed to check something at LHR ( this was the explanation that was made to me ), in the end I was handed my boarding pass at the transfer counter at LHR without issue. I assume that he would get his boarding pass at the transfer counter.

It seem like other flag carriers I know of are slowly but steadily getting back to a deasent level of operation concerning frequent travellers needs (I'm not talking refunds now).
I could agree with you about TK's soft product. They are at the bottom at the moment.

Here is my sum up. Its hands on and read experiences from others with TK, since I got my status match (which I'm happy with), some one and a half years ago and during covid 19.

Sum up:
- Miles and Smiles hard to communicate with if you don't speak turkish.
It's even hard to communicate if you speak Turkish, some third-party contracted Turkish speaking hotline agents, could not also issue *A awards, cannot change multi-city tickets without speaking to a supervisor, etc...

Numerous times, I was offered to be filled a feedback form ( if you're Elite Plus, the agent fills it out for you on the phone ) or I was asked to contact a sales office during IRROPS and schedule changes.

- Soft product non existing.
True

- AH's was sub par before covid 19 to say it mildly and now if possible, even worse (but still great soft product before covid 19, even though).
I would ask the same question what is AH?

- Support funktions in IST could might as well have a sign with "come back next week".
Have never noticed one but it might be true.

- Constant online glitches.
Yes, their website is not perfect.

- IST lounge/s has become a mediocre contract lounge in regards to catering, thus without alcohol.

- You are not allowed to switch places on board the plane, even if it is nearly empty, due to Covid 19?
I guess now, it depends on the crew on board. When there were empty rows, I was seated in 4A, 4B was empty and my neighbor ( stranger ) was seated at 4C. My neighbor asked the crew if he could move to row 1 which was empty and got the answer, you are not allowed to change seats due to COVID. Rows 1, 2, and 3 were empty on that flight.

Also, I had a friend that flown transatlantic last month. He was seated in 2A on a 777-300ER, he had a neighbor ( stranger ) at 2B and he asked the crew to move to 2JK which was empty; my friend told me that the crew needed to ask her supervisor and after a discussion of 5 minutes, my friend was allowed to change seats.

I'm not writing this to come down on TK, my question originates from not understanding TK's decision making for a long term viable company.
We all don't know what they are trying to do.

Before TK were market leading regarding soft product/lounge experience ext. in my opinion. Where do they have an upper hand these days and why should I use my money there and not elsewhere.
If, as I do have alternatives?
Same, when there are better alternatives, why should I pay my money to TK.