FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can BA tie me to a voucher even if they told me I was ineligible?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:56 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pgamse1
My flight back to SJC was cancelled back in late April. I applied for a voucher but received an email to the effect that since I had partially completed my itinerary (i.e. with the flight to LHR), I was not eligible for a voucher. The email said that they were holding my ticket, and "simply contact us when you're ready to rebook". No mention of any further charges. I never received a voucher, and have no idea what it would have been worth.

I am now ready to fly - have to go to SFO since BA aren't flying to SJC at the moment, but if anything, that's a slightly shorter flight. They now allege that a voucher was issued, even though I never saw it. They haven't told me how much it's worth. They also say that since I applied for the voucher, I am bound by the terms and conditions even though I was told that I couldn't have one and never received it (which they acknowledge was their error).

I am waiting to find out how much extra they want to charge - I've been waiting for a response from them on this for 5 days.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if they can legally hold me to the terms of something that they never supplied me with? I'd appreciate any advice.
Do you still have the email they sent to you?