FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can BA tie me to a voucher even if they told me I was ineligible?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:40 am
pgamse1

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Can BA tie me to a voucher even if they told me I was ineligible?

My flight back to SJC was cancelled back in late April. I applied for a voucher but received an email to the effect that since I had partially completed my itinerary (i.e. with the flight to LHR), I was not eligible for a voucher. The email said that they were holding my ticket, and "simply contact us when you're ready to rebook". No mention of any further charges. I never received a voucher, and have no idea what it would have been worth.

I am now ready to fly - have to go to SFO since BA aren't flying to SJC at the moment, but if anything, that's a slightly shorter flight. They now allege that a voucher was issued, even though I never saw it. They haven't told me how much it's worth. They also say that since I applied for the voucher, I am bound by the terms and conditions even though I was told that I couldn't have one and never received it (which they acknowledge was their error).

I am waiting to find out how much extra they want to charge - I've been waiting for a response from them on this for 5 days.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if they can legally hold me to the terms of something that they never supplied me with? I'd appreciate any advice.