FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help for a Sao Paulo-centric itinerary (October trip)
Old Sep 13, 2020, 4:40 am
qfrodo

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
Thank you for the response, qfrodo. Some general likes include art, history, museums, food, beverage (coffee, cocktails, wine, beer, etc.), beaches, walking tours...

Dislikes include amusement parks, souvenir markets/shops, nightclubs, etc.
Well, while "stay home" is decent advice given the pandemic, there are still flights being operated and people traveling for whatever reason. As I understand things at present, you can enter Brazil by air, but need to have proof of health insurance valid in Brazil for the time period you plan to be in Brazil.

One can look at past posts on FT where people would ask about crime. Now that question has been supplanted by how are things Pandemic wise?. Often, in response to the crime question, the response would be use common sense and avoid places that increase the risk. This can be applied to the Pandemic as well.

You mention food in your response. One group I follow recently asked about where the best food in Brazil was. Not reporting this to create a discussion, just to relay the result. The state of Minas Gerais, of which Belo Horizonte is the capital, seemed to be the clear favorite. Can't speak to what else might be there. but sites like Tripadvisor can provide suggestions. I do know that when my wife sees a place that features Mineiro food where we live, that is where we usually end up eating.

As for beaches, which you also mentioned, take your pick, Brazil has lots. :-) I happen to live near one. Also, in about an hour and 15 minutes I can be at our place in the mountains in an area considered to be one of the top climates in the world. All of this is in Espirito Santo, next to Minas Gerais.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.