FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott denied for bonus
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:28 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
The Points Guy and all other sources state that you cannot have received a bonus in the last 24 months and cannot have received a card in the last 90 days in order to receive the bonus. I last got the bonus in 2018 from AX Brilliant and AX Bonvoy Business in August and no bonus from the Chase Bonvoy business that I received in August of last year as confirmed by Chase. Then when I go and apply, I got this warning:

The Points Guy chart is wrong in not include the Ritz card, which caused failed applications. And it may be wrong in other ways too.

And it doesn't mention the most important thing: Chase does not check with Amex to determine this. Chase checks with Marriott to determine whether you're eligible. And Marriott may be changing the rules without announcing them, or getitng the rules wrong, or whatever, but it's Marriott, not Chase. That was the agreement that allowed Chase and Amex to both issue Marriott cards, Marriott woudl be the central decider of what would be allowed, and they are a company which in recent years (since the merger with SPG), wants to disallow just about anything they can which they feel makes it "too easy" for people to earn points, status nights, or whatever.