FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good chuckle on a Thursday... Marriott water distributed at Hilton property
Old Sep 11, 2020, 5:01 pm
writerguyfl

I agree this chuckle is probably provided due a local owner with multiple brands in the portfolio.

Less likely but still possible is a good relationship between close competitors. I once worked at a hotel in Minneapolis that was literally connected to one of competitors across the street through the "skyway" system. The skyways connect buildings in Downtown with pedestrian bridges on the second floor so that people can avoid sub-zero winter weather.

During my years at the Front Desk, the Front Desk Managers of both hotels always supported each other in terms of operations. We knew if they had a room, they'd take our relocated guests (aka "walked" guests) and treat them well. And we'd do the same. Stuff like that.

I don't remember water being shared. I do, however, recall a time when their Front Desk Supervisor called late one night in a panic asking what type of key cards our readers used. Turns out, their last shipment was mislabeled and none of their blank keys would encode. We provided an unopened package of our keys and they worked. So, any late arrivals at our competitor that night were given room keys with our logo on them.