FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta does not want to issue KL-coded flights?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:03 pm
NYC Flyer

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
FWIW, I have booked tickets with a DL agent, on 006 tickets stock, that consisted entirely of AF coded flights, a mix of AF and DL operated flights. Usually the overwater flights are AF operated. That said, I do experience issues whenever there is a schedule change (nearly always on the DL operated flights). They usually just drop off the itinerary, whether viewing online on DL or AF. I keep an eye on these itins, and need to call to fix. Usually takes about 15+ minutes to fix.

having the original emails for the original itin helps a lot in these situations.
I'd be surprised if DL phone agents have the authority to issue tickets on any stock besides 006, regardless of marketing carrier. Schedule changes involving an interline itinerary often cause the web/abb version of the itinerary to get mixed up. Clients call all the time with "I can't see my XXX-YYY segment. Are you sure I'm confirmed?". Sometimes, everything is fine in the GDS (and DL/AF CRSs) and it is just a tech issue with the web interface, other times the airlines change some of the flights, but leave entire sectors unconfirmed altogother. It can be a mess.