FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Citi's "Conversion" the same as "Product Change"?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:56 pm
edealinfo12345

Is Citi's "Conversion" the same as "Product Change"?

In Citi's world, is "conversion" the same as "product change" and will my credit history transfer? It is not stated in their FAQs below. And, why will the credit card number change if it continues to be a Mastercard? The offer from Citi is to convert from Citi Simplicity to City Rewards Plus card. After reading the Citi information below, how sure are you that "conversion/convert is the same as Product Change? Thank you in advance.

"After you convert, your new card will arrive with a new account number. Please remember to notify those who regularly bill your account of the change.

What else is changing if I convert?
When you convert to the Citi Rewards+ Card, you will continue to pay no annual fee.**footnote ** However, for any new transactions after conversion, the no late fees and no penalty rate benefits under your current card will no longer be available and one or more of your APRs will increase after you convert.**footnote ** You also will no longer have access to Citi Easy Deals℠. Please ensure that the address on file with us is current, otherwise important documentation regarding this conversion request may get returned to us resulting in cancellation of conversion or closure of the account.

Convert your card today. Earn and redeem ThankYou® Points for the things you want most."

Frequently Asked Questions
IS MY CONVERSION APPROVED?
A letter will be sent out shortly to confirm your account status.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY NEW CITI REWARDS+ CARD?
Once the conversion is processed your new card will be mailed to you within 10 – 14 business days.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY OLD CARD?
Please continue to use your current card until your new card arrives. Once you receive your new card, please activate it and then destroy your old card.
WHEN WILL MY ANNUAL FEE BE APPLIED?
When you convert your card, you will continue to enjoy no annual fee.
Any other applicable fees will be applied 51 days after you convert. All other benefits will be applied to your account within 11 days after you convert.
WHAT TYPE OF CARD WILL I RECEIVE?
You will receive a Citi Rewards+ World Mastercard® with Contactless Pay feature. Shop safely with your new contactless-chip enabled card. Just tap your card on the payment reader and go in seconds. To activate contactless feature, insert your new card into any payment reader on your first purchase, then you can tap for subsequent purchases thereafter.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY ADDITIONAL USERS IF I CONVERT MY ACCOUNT?
Any additional users associated with your current account will be converted to the Citi Rewards+ Card as part of this process.
WHAT IS THE APR IF I CONVERT?
Upon conversion to the Citi Rewards+ Card, one or more of your APRs may change. Please see Terms and Conditions section which includes pricing details and a summary of change in account terms upon conversion.
WILL MY ACCOUNT NUMBER STAY THE SAME?
No, your new card will arrive with a new account number. Please remember to notify those who regularly bill your account of the change.