FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stored A380s | maintenance movements
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2020, 10:31 am
opus99

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Fairly standard the most comfortable aircraft in Economy are also the ones the airlines are desperate to get rid of.

What is better for the consumer is clearly worse for business given the higher operating costs in many instances.

It is a particular shame for the A380 - an aircraft loved by passengers, but which isn't valued so highly be carriers. I often thought it was an aircraft that arrived 10-15 years too soon. Pre-covid, it was perfect for airports suffering slot constraints like LHR and also brought with it the potential to help reduce the number of flights given the focus on the environment, should governments introduce such measures. I know this was unfavourable for airlines, but you could've got to the position where measures meant you ditched two 787s and just flew one A380 instead.

But then, when is anyone going to need an aircraft of this size again? The Boeing 77X also looks like its market has vanished before it enters service.

It's my favourite aircraft to fly on so hopefully it can survive.
the 777x sits about 150 passengers less than the 380 and 30 passengers more than the 300ER. So it doesn’t compare to the 380 on a size scale. The 777X alongside the A350-1000 I think Is the aircraft you want if and when demand returns back to 2019 levels