FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA COVID19 precautions: **REQUIRING** mask usage per CDC/DoT
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:31 am
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EWR764
I haven’t seen 1EF occupied on any 737 flights I’ve taken post-pandemic, and all except one or two have been full in F. I think they are a hard block for FA “social distancing”, so they aren’t on the same jumpseat.
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
Flights BOS-ORD (738) and ORD-BOS (739) this weekend. On both flights 1E and 1F were kept open for flight attendants. Cabin was completely full otherwise and people left on upgrade list
Originally Posted by jsloan
I've seen anecdotal reports that two seats in row 1 are the last to be filled (I thought it was 1B and 1E, but it might be 1E/F), but that they get filled nonetheless when necessary. I doubt that UA would pay downgrade compensation rather than fill those seats. But I also think that there are likely to be enough cancellations that it won't matter to the OP.
I've certainly seen some weird patterns with seat blocking on domestic flights for crew distancing purposes or what not.

For LAX-IAD-LAX on the 788, 4KL, 5KL, and 6KL all showed as blocked; this changed to 3L, 4L, and 5L once a Polaris seatmap was loaded (both blocking patterns appear to be consistent with international flights on the 788). Nobody except airport agents seemed to be able to assign those seats (I was originally in 3L on both flights but got booted to 2L and 3A, respectively, once the Polaris seatmap was loaded), but they did end up filling the seats and the flights went out full.

For PIT-IAD on a Mesa E175, 1C showed as blocked and was never assigned. The flight went out with one or two people on the upgrade list.