FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Cat. 2 Hyatt in Phoenix is best for 8,000 points?
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:08 pm
evergrn

Not gonna be the most helpful answer since I haven't stayed in any of those.
But if you've never been to Phoenix before, then I'd consider one of the category 3 Hyatt Places in Scottsdale Old Town. You're right there in Old Town. If you want to go hike Camelback, you're close by. Mind you, downtown Scottsdale is not everyone's cup of tea.
None of the ones you list are at particularly exciting locations... although the Tempe / PHX Airport one has a nice central location. Gilbert one's way out there and there's not much of interest out there. The North Phoenix one is actually near Metrocenter... forget about that one. Although it does give you an excuse to drive the freeway up through North Mtn / Piestawa Mt which gives you a striking taste of Phoenix's dramatic landscape. Btw, If you do stay in Tempe and you have time, you should hike the A Mountain.

Maybe extraneous info, but Hyatt Gainey Ranch is my favorite. I know you're looking for value and category 2. I like value also. But paid rate for Hyatt Gainey Ranch during hot months is quite reasonable. If you're going to be checking in fairly early (at least a couple hours before sunset), then I know I would be choosing Gainey Ranch if I were you. The pool complex there is unreal. There's even an artificial beach. We'd go spend a night there and be out in the pool/beach from check-in till dinner and breakfast till check-out. I just love it there.