FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC partners with McMaster HealthLabs & GTAA on Volunteer COVID Testing at YYZ
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:41 pm
Yul_voyager

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
You want to use Science based facts. Fine. You see how 1 infected person in a bar resulted in 50 infections. How about you take a conservative factor and apply it to the 36+ domestic flights? How about 30, or 20 or even 10. There is a strong likelihood that other people were infected when there was an infected airline passenger.
So we have evidence that one single case resulted in 50 infections (and counting) in a Karaoke bar where nobody care about any social distancing, mask, and were doing high risk activity (singing).
As far as I know, there is no evidence of anyone infected in a flight. Please provide me a link if I am wrong. You believe, as the virus is very contagious, that there should be 10 or 30 resulting infections in flights for every positive person who board but this is very unlikely, because no one has never been found.
You ask me if I would seat for +1 hours next to a sick person ? Certainly not. But I can manage the risk to seat near a person who wear a mask, has not been tested positive recently, has no obvious symptom, no fever, and has as much chance as anyone in the country I am living in to carry the virus, especially in an environment when the air is filtered every 3 minutes.
By the way, what is the difference between a domestic flight and an international flight coming from a country with the same or a lower infection rate as we have in Canada (except maybe a longer flight time) ?