FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Troutbeck NY - Review
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:17 am
ChateauMargaux

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Spingarn suite bedroom - crisp sheets.

Pool

Dinner - burrata and tomatoes were delicious. The various types of tomatoes each had distinct flavors

This was day two's dinner - we loved the bass and squash so much, we had to get it again. The lamb was a little fatty, about 1/4 of one medallion was fat. I cut off the fat and commented to the wait staff. Our waitress immediately apologized and offered another portion of lamb.

Day 1's dinner - bass with mixed squash/zucchini and lobster pasta. The pasta sauce was creamy but light, pasta itself was done perfectly. Lobster portion not stingy.

Dessert - we are not big on sweets, so only had one bite of each. Our wait staff offered us some fresh fruits after seeing us not having made no progress to the dessert plates before asking for a check.

Front of property

Breakfast was probably one of the best I've had anywhere. We did not bring our phones during one of the breakfasts (which is in line with the purpose of coming here I feel), so I only have this one image from the second day. The trout toast (first day) and blue fish toast (second day) were definitely the highlights. Buckwheat pancake, according to my SO, is the best she has ever had. Chef's rotating daily pastries were great. First day we had a pistachio croissant, second day was a corn muffin. Both were wonderful. There is also fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Sep 3, 2020 at 6:27 am