FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Autistic Son
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:39 pm
scorpioev

Originally Posted by Netccna
Hi there, I have a son who's Autistic (8 years old) We are traveling to India in April. Based on my research the cheapest economy flights available are from Etihad and Qatar. I havent booked the tickets but what would be the best to go about getting bulkhead seats. Our whole family of 3 Adults and 2 children (1 of whom is my son) is traveling together.

Any advice, experiences or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
your April trip went well for you and your family I HOPE? I am an airline employee. I am going to give this to you straight. It may sound callus but it is the reality. Don't shoot the messenger. The best way you can ensure bulkhead seating is to pay for it. And even then it is not guaranteed. PLEASE understand that no airline assigns the aircraft months out...so seat assignments way in advance is wasting your time. Most carriers try to be accommodating to people with special needs..but as per the disabilities act nobody has to show any proof of a disability. The number of people on any given flight that claim a disability (justified or not) would stagger you. the dedicated line to handle people with disabilities is constantly busy. it is not unusual for there to be more disabled designated people on our manifest than non disabled. Everybody wants a bulk head or extra leg room and does not want to pay for it. It is just the way it goes. I understand traveling with a special needs child is challenging...hopefully the flight you were on in April took care of you and your son..but please don't assume it will always be like that...