FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A question on Swiss/Zurich Transit & Quarantine from Increased Risk areas
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:34 pm
sophialite

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
It's a bit weird. I'm a US citizen resident in the UK. I had a ticket booked ZRH-SFO. I didn't book the UK to ZRH ticket because I was unsure where I'd be coming from.

At the last minute I decided to vacation in Italy for a few days, so bought Naples - ZRH (which flew via MUC). This also involved an overnight layover in Zurich.

On arrival in ZRH, no passport control. In fact, my bags were already on the belt by the time I reached it. Smooth sailing to the hotel. No one even collected my contact tracing form.

This morning I went to board my SFO flight. At passport control to the D gates, the agent told me I was lucky I entered through Italy. If I had flown from London, I wouldn't have been allowed in. I asked to clarify that I wouldn't have been allowed to stay the night (instead of merely a short non-schengen to non-schengen connection), or if I wouldn't have been allowed in at all. He seemed to imply that I wouldn't have been allowed in at all. OK.

He also said that I'll be fine on the return (I'm connecting to LHR on the way back...).

This is all so confusing. And I seem to be very lucky at each step.