FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL: MIA-JFK-BOG from $493
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:48 pm
rubey419

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by planes&trains
I am planning to do this, so any tips or more details on this? Or will it be better to pay the extra $50 and do a night in BOG? Can score a hotel night from a reward, so will not be a problem.
I debated on that myself when I did my BOG mileage run. I've had quick <5hr layovers at LHR and AMS before, but was afraid I would look extra suspicious visiting only a few hours in Columbia. Decided to stay a night and grab a delicious dinner and a few hours of sleep. Stayed on points myself, which you'll have good value on lower category (if you are Bonvoy I recommend the JW, they really recognized my status and treated me well with suite upgrade and welcome package). At the airport there is a checkpoint, and they asked me the purpose of my visit and locations of where I visited. They also record your passport at the hotel.

Although once you arrive, do you have to go to customs and leave the terminal? Maybe you can just stay in the terminal if you chose for a quick turnaround.

Edit: next time I visit BOG will want to stay a few days more to explore. Seems like a great place to explore!

Last edited by rubey419; Aug 31, 2020 at 7:07 pm