FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Western chain hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:36 pm
ShopAround

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'm reviving this thread because unfortunately, I had to reschedule my trip. I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow but that's not an option now.

My flights are re-booked for early to mid March - I do realize it's entirely possible that I'll have to reschedule again but I have a mileage upgrade to Delta One and I'm trying to keep that locked in. As of now, I'm planning on six nights in Tokyo, four in Kyoto and three in Osaka. I've booked the Westin in Kyoto and the Marriott Miyako in Osaka.

That leaves me with Toyko and when I planned the original trip, my options were somewhat limited. I ended up booking the Hyatt Regency but I'm trying to stick with Marriott properties if possible because I'll need the room nights next year.

It looks like everything is wide open now and I have my pick of all the Marriott properties. So I thought I'd throw this out to the experts again to weigh in. Prince Gallery and Prince Sakura are both available (although Gallery is a lot more points) and I know those are spoken of highly here although I seem to recall an issue with lounge access. I do prefer a property with a nice lounge if possible although location is important as well.

Any advice is, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks!