FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan Booked, Turkish Airlines flight canceled
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:09 pm
aznfreak007

Originally Posted by rvlcr
Hi All - hoping some AP experts on here can shed some light on my current situation.

I have two award tickets booked with AP from ORD-IST-MLE and MIA-IST-MLE departing on 9/29 and arriving on 10/1. unfortunately, TK has canceled the IST-MLE flight on 10/1 and has decided to resume on 10/2.

I want to move our itinerary by one day so leaving on 9/30 and arriving on 10/2. Issue is there is no award (I) space on either ORD-IST, MIA-IST or IST-MLE...

I am on the phone with AP now and they are saying that they can’t force availability on TK despite having read on here that it’s definitely possible when TK themselves cancel the flight.

Can anyone confirm whether what i’ve read on here is correct? Is this a case of HUCA? Thanks in advance
it is not easy to force open a seat on TK, but you can reroute on any carrier that has (I) space without triggering fee and surcharge recalculation. it might not be that easy nowadays in order to respect covid transit rules of different countries. good luck