FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A London - NYC air bridge?
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:34 pm
LGWClosedAgain

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Geordie405
From my perspective, it's not about visiting NYC. It's about being able to visit the UK without having to self-isolate for 14 days. If (and it's a big if, with a lot of caveats) there was an air bridge (or whatever we want to call it) that allowed me to come back to the UK without the need to self-isolate for 14 days then I'd be first in the queue to get on the plane. I live in the US but have family in the UK that I would dearly like to visit them, especially my parents! However, until I do not have to self-isolate upon my return to the UK then there is absolutely no point in coming. I don't have a spare two weeks worth of leave to sit in a hotel in splendid self-isolation before I can start visiting family and friends and enjoying my holiday. A fourteen day self-isolation period is a significantly long time! Obviously, it's less of an issue if you're a UK resident and you're self-isolating in your home, and can work from home but for those of us for whom the UK isn't home it makes travel almost impossible.
That's a really good point, I didn't consider that perspective.