FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mask ON - Mask OFF (repeat!)
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2020, 11:14 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GreatDane
The lack of service by SAS is one thing but their own interpretation of what constitutes good COVID behaviour is beyond me.....
Bunch of corona crazies.

To be fair, governments and (social) media have spent the entire year assiduously fostering a culture of irrational fear and encouraging mass psychosis, so logic and proper risk assessment have long since gone out the window.

Airlines have apparently come to the conclusion that to lure back passengers they must implement a huge array of "safety measures", thereby implicitly and continuously reinforcing the message that C-19 is somehow the greatest and most lethal threat to ever have come near an aircraft cabin in the history of commercial aviation. On top of that, they then do everything in their power to make the passenger experience as unpleasant as humanly possible.

If there was such a thing as a Nobel Prize for Stupid, the commercial airline industry would make a good candidate. Along with any number of governments etc.

So far this year, almost 300 people have died in airline crashes. That doesn't stop me from flying, nor should it deter anybody else. On the other hand, I've yet to learn of a single instance of somebody getting on a plane, catching C-19, and then hopping on the last rattler.

The last pandemic couldn’t even stop Woodstock (quite possibly because snowflakes and woke wackos were nowhere to be found in those heady days).

Johan