FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas 2020 - Insane Pricing
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2020, 10:38 am
ReinaDeLaSelva
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Thanks for taking a look Dave, but at that price I would rather take public transport while we are up there. The fact that a superior group (L6) is coming up significantly cheaper than group D, shows what a farce the Hertz pricing is. Hopefully it will come down to something more sensible over the next couple of months. I can't see many people renting with Hertz at these prices.
Si senores I often rent at EDI tambien. ~5 to 8 times a year. Usually I find good value via Hertz but recently as you say, not. Price gouging. Perhaps related to US Hertz BK although I know, Hertz GB/EU is "independent"? Using GR points has been extremely hard also in the past year.

For Hertz I think this problem is relatively new and not specific to EDI. Hertz showed the same non-offers at LHR when I was there two weeks ago and so I did not rent from them.

If you do not absolutely require Hertz then por favor try AA.COM and use the tab at the bottom of the home page to select the "35% off Budget/AVIS." I check now and find prices about ~50% cheaper. Por ejemplo small SUV for 220DG so aproximente ~170GBP for those exact four days 24/12-28/12. Also you will earn some AA AAdvantage, if useful to you.

Muchachos I often find the AA.COM car rental rate is a good one from EU/EEA airports. Last week I rented for one week from TIA for 190DG and this rental bonus is 2500 AA millas. Also unlike most airline tickets, such reservation can be cxld without charge until rental time, so meantime you can continue to wait on Hertz if it pleases you.

I am a practical car renter and do not care about Volvo or Nissan Cashcow so if specific model is important then do not listen to me LOL!