FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Aug 27, 2020, 2:45 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Just a sample for those who are HK Residents, I had flown on this recently.

I was able to get CX to INVOL the ticket from North America - HKG - Vietnam to just
North America - HKG after CX cancelled the HKG - Vietnam segment.

So the agent can do it with a Non-Expired Ticket, I had not hit the 12 months validity from 1st flown segment.

2 Huge Caveats to Remember!!!

1. Once your ticket is rebooked into North America - HKG, your travel date is rather stuck without causing a huge reprice if you want to do a voluntary date change
Now you could change it back to North America - HKG - Vietnam again but I doubt that will work for those who are gone past 12 months already

2. Your reservation might get "accidentally deleted" 1 week prior to flight since the system still thinks you don't have a HKG - Vietnam segment.
But calling back within 24 hrs should be able get the reservation restored and flyable.

This is likely non-applicable to close to everyone around, but just a record on file for those in need

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Aug 27, 2020 at 2:51 am