FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta spend MQM spend
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:20 pm
MarkCron

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
OP, a somewhat complex situation. As I read your post, you are presently at 20K MQM with no Status. Normally if that all you had you would lose them when the year rolled. BUT, DL has stated that they are rolling all MQM, effectively treating 2020 and 2021 as a combined single 2021 year. So if you add MQM's the year either through AMEX or flying, all of your MQM will roll ito the 2021 year where you're earning status for 2022. If you reach 50K MQM and have your AMEZ $25K spend this year, you will be GM for the remainder of this year and 2021. Once you reach the AMEX $25K spend next year you will be GM for 2022 as well. If you reach 75K MQM in 2021 you will become PM for 2021 and then 2022 when you hit the AMEX $25K spend next year. That will give you 2 years of Choice Benefits as a PM. In your case MQD's are immaterial since you are using the AMEX spend waiver. MQD's will not roll over. Too bad for me since I'll have over $10K MQD's this year.
One correction, I think. If person qualifies for Platinum in 2021, they will only be getting one year of Choice Benefits.