FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting a paper Golden Ticket
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by danboy767
really?!?! Surely that is a rumour. I would think they were enhanced away to save on postage, printing etc
I'm not sure that is. It would fit very well with human behaviour. When I was trained as a check-in agent, maaaaany moons ago, we were trained to retain old/expired Gold/Silver cards that people would flash in an attempt to enter the lounge. "Surely nobody's that cheap" I thought. In my first three months it happened to me twice. Even worse was the bouncer position in the 'million-dollar-door' in T5. Never, ever was I so much showered with abuse than when doing that job. And, finally, in my later years in BA I did a project - think I mentioned it here - to change some floodlights to LED with motion sensors in a workshop; having done that, and having seen the benefits (in electricity, CO2 emissions etc) we looked at terminal locations, namely the lounge. That's when we were given, by the facilities company that manages the property, numbers on pilferage (veritably by customers, because this did not happen in staff-only areas of the lounges and spot-checks were done) on light appliances and lightbulbs. It was felt that LED light "bulbs" would go missing even faster. I'm also being told that the F-class headphones were being nicked faster than the business case allowed for replacement, and they did have a higher replacement % than normal.