Old Aug 25, 20, 4:10 am
WickedStepMother

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Where were you on 25th August 2019 [BA’s 100th Anniversary] ??

On 25th August one year ago I interrupted a long weekend in The Hague to do an AMS-LHR day trip in order to spend a few hours with some Flyertalk friends and acquaintances on BAs 100th Anniversary. A number of FTers were already planning meet-ups ahead of taking one of the A350-1000 training flights to MAD on that same day.

I joined a few of them for coffee landside where it was hard to spot much evidence that BA was celebrating anything at all. Then we headed through the First Wing, grabbing some tiny boxed Victoria Sponge cakes that were being handed out on the concourse. I had offered to guest Flyertalk stranger into the Flounge and I was obviously so excited to share the First Wing experience that he waited until we were in the lounge to admit that he had only recently soft-landed to silver and it wasnt his first time through!

One friend managed to secure us both an invite into the CCR. So after a quick inspection (and sniff) of the anniversary chocolate plane sculpture outside the lounges I was soon on the CCR terrace sipping LPGS and enjoying lunch with a group of around 10 FTers, some of whom Id already met at the 2018 Summer Do. When the time came for most of the group to board the A350 to MAD I went with them to the gate to see them off. I so wished Id been going along too!

A brisk walk back through the tunnels and I was back in the CCR in time for another glass of LPGS with the other day-tripper in the group (the one who had kindly guested me) before we each headed to our respective gates for our return flights.

Just a perfect day.