FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:03 am
Midnightcat

Programs: Aeroplan 25k, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Does anyone booked for this in 2020 actually expect to go to DPS? I’m already feeling pessimistic for Feb. 2021. I’m guessing there will be no option to change dates without refaring (even if Bali remains closed to tourists), which would be a wipeout. Otherwise we’ll all likely be stuck with vouchers... to perhaps wait to use on the next great sale or mistake fare to who knows where, and who knows when.
I am booked for November 2020 on AA (YYZ-DFW-HKG-DPS). Since the booking, HKG has extended its border closure to end of December 2020 so that is going to be interesting on my 21 hour layover. Also, AA has cancelled all their DFW-HKG flights to October 24, I assume due to HKG requiring all crews to be isolated and tested on arrival (flight crews were previously exempt). I am still 5% hopeful that Indonesia might exempt Bali on the border closure. If DPS border remains closed, I hope there will be some flight cancellations or schedule changes allowing me to reschedule my dates free of charge. Otherwise, I might just eat the $250 cancellation fee

I also have a planned trip to Seychelles and Bali for February 2021, also not too optimistic. But if the world COVID-19 numbers get low enough, I would think a negative COVID test would suffice to allow some countries to re-open to foreign tourists.

Last edited by Midnightcat; Aug 24, 2020 at 12:08 pm Reason: If flights still operate, my only option is cancel or credit voucher