FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Absolutely disgusted with BA
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:04 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can see you had a bad set of experiences there, equally I can see the issue, namely a fairly complex booking being made more complex and then (if I've understood correctly) changed a third time.

Did the first Taipai booking show up on the BA App without a ticket number? I'm wondering if it was simply in the the ticketing queue, which we know is overloaded at the moment, and they won't be ticketing many reservations outside of August 2020 at the moment.

I'm not entirely sure of al the details here, but what would have been best to begin with would have been to ring Redemptions and simply ask them to remove the UuA (which is presumably what it was). Then next day add in the TPE sector, then maybe think about UuA again after that was done. Right now, it may be simpler to do the first stage - get the UuA off the booking - then FTV, then rebook a new booking to TPE from scratich. These are all fairly straightforward transactions. The catch is if the fare difference is greater than where you started.

Some of this advice will change depending on when you are travelling and similar details.