FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:59 pm
Freetotravel

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I stayed here last week as well! My first London hotel stay since Covid. Paid £99 for the Basic room and upgraded to exec room. They apologized that a suite wasn’t available because several floors are closed. Complementary In-room minibar as usual, generous variety of non-alcoholic drinks and some chips. Great shower.

The really sweet thing was the pool. Only 2 ppl allowed at once and (as above) a slot had to be reserved. I reserved 10am and was the only guest in the pool or gym for 45 minutes! Amazing experience.

The best part about the breakfast was the hot items. The food is fresh and the chef makes eggs to order and plates everything up. The breakfast at this hotel is normally one of the best and the huge range of pastries, bread, yoghurts, cheese, etc is replaced by a smaller pre-portioned range. However it would be hard to find fault in the social distancing and Covid protection in the restaurant.

I asked about the bento box and was told it was £15. Three choices including vegetarian pasta and duck noodles.

Obviously the EL is closed and afternoon tea and evening cocktails not available. But I felt that given the substantial price discount on a regular rate here it was a good deal overall.

The occupancy felt VERY low so not holding my breath that the superb diamond package at Bankside will return soon. This is a great hotel under normal conditions for diamonds.

I’ve got 2 more stays coming up and will post updates.