FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new AC Aeroplan program - *constructive* criticism
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:30 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Based on the recent announcements, it is clear that AC wants to "reward" pax who spend a lot of money on expensive, short-haul flights while offering far fewer benefits to travelelrs on long-haul, international [cheaper] flights.
I disagree, and have slightly tweaked your wording to match how I see it. If you're buying cheap P fares, you're not as important as someone buying full Y/B fares (not cheap FPs). I know lots of people who spend more on Flex than I do on J on the same itinerary, and they're getting a lot less value out of it. I see no reason not to give them more miles than the cheap P fares.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
May I suggest that AC introduce a higher multiplier (4x/5x) for Latitude / Premium Economy / business class fares? Or offer any sort of incentive for choosing an AC operated flight over another airline when booking an international itinerary in PE/J?
I wondered about that multiplier table. Right now it's "basic economy" and "everything else", which really makes me wonder why they bothered with a column. Is a $100 Basic fare really worth fewer points than a $100 Flex fare?

But at the same time, I don't agree that someone buying a $2000 P fare should earn more miles than someone who buys a $2000 M fare.