FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Make A Green Choice (MAGC) discontinued by Marriott
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:16 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For me, it's more convenient to plan not to have housekeeping enter. I sometimes have confidential documents in my room as well as electronic devices. In addition, I've had housekeepers throw away my 3-1-1 baggie, yesterday's newspaper (with some articles I still want to read) or my favorite luxury soaps and shampoos and replace the times by the hotel's own cheap stuff or throw out an almost empty tube of toothpaste with just enough for the remainder of my trip. It's a hassle to always put away everything out of sight that could be removed from the room by mistake.

Luxury hotels should be able to perform housekeeping on the guest's schedule and ideally should automatically ask about this at check in. They should also observe your patterns of coming and going so as to adjust when service is performed accordingly. In full service hotels, it should also be possible to request housekeeping at a specific time.