Thread: Cars at DEN
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 20, 8:48 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by peterparker20 View Post
Just out of curiosity ---

I've only rented a car once in my life before personally (got a Titanium Ford Edge/ Escape from National ES).

I still have the Executive status ...

I'm planning a one-way road-trip from Denver to Chicago. Just me, just 2-3 days.
Price being very similar, should I take my chances on the Exec Aisle at National in Denver ..... or try renting an Audi A4 from Silvercar?

Something that's sorta fun to drive a long stretch but also has good highway MPG would be ideal.
Not sure if I should gamble with the Exec Aisle --- don't really want an SUV unless it has great MPG. But ... also not sure what I should be looking for. Not a car guy.

Should I just try Silvercar --- how likely will I get something more fun in the Exec Aisle?
In the past Exec aisle was a no brainer for choice of vehicle except in very unusual circumstances or when dealing with Midwest Car Corp (which you won't deal with anymore unless in WI). Lately, it seems like Enterprise has almost destroyed the old National Aisle/Executive Aisle programs with limited vehicles and/or vehicles in poor condition, and limited staffing levels to provide the previous level of customer service seen before the pandemic. National relied heavily on the business traveler who paid a high per day rental rate. Business travel is largely grounded at this point so National's base customer has literally disappeared.