FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA introduces Flight Credit Wallet (Aug 2020)
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:08 am
FullFare

I must have a half dozen tickets on AA (wife does too) that were cancelled because of Covid. None of them appear in my "wallet". Delta, on the other hand, has 4 trips of mine, and all are readily displayed in the "wallet", with ticket value and ticket numbers. So DL has run rings around AA in this category for a long time. Nothing new there.

IMHO, the most important defensive thing one can do for a ticket that is not being used is to right the 13-digit tick number down. In duplicate somewhere if necessary. I have found it the single most important thing to have when trying to get a prior ticket re-used or refunded. In almost all cases, the agent on the phone (who is often working from home) can retrieve the previous ticket and one can move on with the discussion.

Sum up: Nice to see AA waking up and claiming to put these tickets in a "wallet". Next goal is to get them to do it consistently and have their re-application for use in future ticketing go forward without delays or glitches