FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:16 pm
southlondonphil

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LHKE
Actually, 5 TAP sectors needed.
I got this yesterday:
Renewal Conditions
Your new status will be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your Promotion. At the end of that period, you will have the opportunity to renew your status until the end of your Annual Miles Earning Period (for another 1 to 12 months, depending on the case).
Renewal (always made for the same status) will be granted to customers with TAP Miles&Go Gold status who earn 25,000 Status Miles + 5 flight segments with TAP Air Portugal and TAP Miles&Go Silver customers who earn 10,000 Status Miles + 5 flight segments flight with TAP Air Portugal.
That's weird because it's a) an odd number and b) at odds with the promotion terms and conditions as published by TAP on their website and would actually be an increase of 3 flight sectors over the published retention requirement for those matched to Silver (where the website says just 2 TAP sectors are needed).

I suspect a typo in the email, and were it to be subject to challenge, I'm confident the website Ts and Cs would prevail. I have, nevertheless, screen-grabbed the relevant clauses of the website in the event that TAP are playing 'silly buggers' mid-way through a promotion for some nonsensical and disingenuous reason!