FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase discontinuing legacy $75 hyatt card?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:08 pm
UVU Wolverine

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by conde
I agree. I have had the original Chase Hyatt Visa for 7 years, which is up for renewal in September. I will probably cancel the card. Maybe in the future, I will apply separately for the WoH card, for the signup bonus. Over the past few years, I have had some good redemptions for the annual Chase Free Night Award, such as at the Park Hyatt Saigon. There have also been some ordinary redemptions. Since the Chase Annual Free Night cannot be used with Club Access Awards, I see little future value. I can always find a way to use the Chase free night, but more often than not, using the Cat 4 Free Night at Hyatt isn't my first choice where I want to stay. The same would hold true for the Chase WoH Visa, $20 more per year.
I was getting to the point where finding a use for the Cat1-4 free night was difficult, but my family and I moved back to AZ. Since the Hyatt Residence in Sedona is only a Cat 4, it’s a pretty good use of it for a quick one night getaway. The rates I’m seeing for when I want to stay are over $300/night!

While a $20/year increase in the annual fee isn’t much, it would make me consider just cancelling. I need to slim down how many different CCs I have anyways, so this is a good excuse.