FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "No mask, no travel, no exceptions"
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 2:52 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Finkface
Until they define ‘briefly’ or put a set time limit on eating and drinking, my answer would be the same. I will be happy to put it on once I am finished my dinner. Your ‘briefly’ and mine could be vastly different and until there is a set time limit, I will be finishing my dinner whether you like it or not. I would not engage after the first response and would call the FA if another pax kept going on at me. If they continued, it would not be me who would be met at the gate on arrival, I assure you.
One would hope that common sense would rule the day, and any particular scenario at issue.
One would expect that common sense will not always prevail.
One would expect that set time limits are ridiculous. "You have five minutes, starting NOW." (This applies whether you've got a bag-o-airline snack or a 2 pound Fa Tassarito.)
One would expect that we all have a sense of "reasonable" and know when we're crossing the line just to be a turd.

I wouldn't be too inclined to engage with with a non-compliant passenger. On the other hand, unless there was a reasonable opportunity for seating re-accommodation, I would not be eager to be seated within 18 inches of someone not pleased with my complaint to the crew for what could be hours.