FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 4:20 am
Leonvomp

Excellent stay - New covid measures

Booked a Junior Suite on points, got pre upgraded to a King Deluxe Suite on morning of arrival.

First time back since Covid-19 and there are a few changes which I shall list below:

Automatic antibacterial dispensers throughout hotel, including entrance, restaurants and lifts. Sticker on doors to indicate they’ve been thoroughly cleaned, at least I think that’s what they’re for.

Temperature check upon checking in. Glass of Prosecco provided as welcome amenity.

All visitors, including non staying guests, must register at reception to assist with the track and trace system.

Swimming pool is open 7am - 7pm and is limited to two in-house guests at a time for sessions of 45 minutes. Slots need to be booked at the reception.

OXBO restaurant is open only for breakfast, between 6.30am - 11am. Good variety of breakfast buffet options as usual, chef also makes fantastic omelettes.

Executive Lounge is temporarily closed. However, Distillery Bar is open from 11am - 11pm, serving both lunch and dinner. Diamond guests and those with executive rooms get a voucher per room per night to be redeemed at the bar. Two vouchers if the room is booked for two. Each voucher can be redeemed against 2 drinks including house spirits. Canapé boxes are also provided. Vouchers are renewed each day. The bar is also participating in the government ‘Eat out Help out’ scheme on Mondays to Wednesdays. It’s 50% off (up to £10 per person) on all foods and non alcoholic drink.

Extended stay for an additional night. Booked entry level room on HHonours rate but staff were most accommodating and allowed me to remain in Exec Suite.

Bankside is now my favourite Hilton in London. It’s clean, got diamond recognition, good amenities, good food, and helpful staff. What more could you ask for?

Last edited by Leonvomp; Aug 12, 2020 at 6:47 am