FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contact tracing: Whom do you trust - Dr. Henry or AC?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:23 pm
SparseFlyer

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by tcook052
No, I wouldn't as many fields can be manually overridden but were wandering further away from the thread topic which is what info AC is or is not willing to provide to relevant health authorities, most especially files made directly with the airline on ac.com.
I think this just started with posts making the assumption certain PNRs didn't have contact information, and some that said phone numbers may very well not be good for messaging vs email; PNRs contact is mandatory, and PNRs can wave and push to airline systems with an email as the first contact info line.

So all is possible, and AC is either not sharing all information due to legal/privacy issue, or deliberately holding it (because it actually has the information).

I see no reason why it would be the latter more than the former be honest. Let's not forget the airline is still run by real people that are just as concerned about COVID as anyone else.